Monday, September 24, 2012

Rapunzel Rapunzel, Let Down Your Thick Hair



I know that part of being pregnant means that your boobs might as well feel like they have doubled in size and you get a belly so big you can't see your toes anymore (not that with "my girls" I could before anyways Haha). But there are some nice changes that come along with it too!

1. My hair is SUPER thick. I used to have really thick hair when I was a little girl, before I dyed it every other month. Then it kind of thinned out and became more manageable. Now it's crazy! It takes FOREVER to straighten it or really do anything to it other then put it up in a bun/ponytail because there's just soooo much of it. But I can't really complain because it's so nice and soft :)

2. I know it's relatively OK to dye your hair past the first trimester, but I still don't feel comfortable doing it. Thus my massive showing of the roots. Dark brown then BAM Haha Going all natural I guess. Which is funny because my cousin Danielle, before she had children, would always get really done up with makeup and make sure her hair was always perfect. Then when she got pregnant, she slowly stopped with the "runway" look and her hair went to it's natural color. I didn't understand back then. I sure do now! Between being tired all the time or just feeling like crap, no way do I have time everyday now to get all sorts of dolled up Haha

3. My skin is so nice! Sure, I still get the occasional tiny blemish here and there but other then that it's soft and clear. Although I don't look forward to it going back to it's semi-dull look after the pregnancy, so I'll just enjoy the next 4 months of it while I can :)

On a behind-the-scenes side note: I was having such a hard time faking a smile when I took these pictures. If you know me, I'm not exactly Ms. Sunshine & Daisies. I'm more of Ms. Rain Clouds & Thunderstorms girl Haha So in order to achieve the smile in the black and white photo, I just thought of Jelly Bean and instantly couldn't wipe off the big grin on my face :)



No comments:

Post a Comment