Monday, September 17, 2012

The Most Amazing Sound


My Sonoline B Fetal Doppler arrived today!!! A day early, I was FREAKING OUT with excitement. A little worry too but I was trying to stay positive :)

Keland bought it for me last week so I would be able to hear Jelly Beans heartbeat whenever I wanted, he's been so supportive throughout the pregnancy so far. Usually knows the right 
thing to say when I'm upset ;)

So I literally ran upstairs to the office (Keland is still in bed sleeping) to try it out. Laid on the floor and in a matter of a few seconds I heard the amazing sound of our Jelly Beans heartbeat. It ranged from the mid to high 150's, just as when the Dr finds it. I honestly started to almost cry it was such an amazing sound to be able to hear again after 3 weeks since my last appointment. I heard the heartbeat for all of 20 seconds before he/she moved away. I spent the next couple minutes searching but only got blips before he/she moved away again! I could feel it too, so active in there!

It's been a rough journey so far, it's been hard not to get stressed out since what happened in January with Sophia. But Keland keeps encouraging me to stay positive and even if something did go wrong, there would be nothing to prevent it or anything we could do anyway, so we might as well be positive. That's why he got me the Doppler, so in those "seems-like-an-eternity" 4 weeks between appointments, I can just listen to the heartbeat whenever I want and calm down :)


No comments:

Post a Comment